WHAT ARE THE SEVEN SENSES?
- TOUCH (TACTILE SYSTEM) The tactile system refers to the awareness of touch through receptors in the skin.
- SIGHT (VISUAL SYSTEM) The visual system interprets what we see.
- HEARING (AUDITORY SYSTEM)
- TASTE AND SMELL (GUSTATORY AND OLFACTORY SYSTEM)
- MOVEMENT (VESTIBULAR SYSTEM)
- BODY AWARENESS (PROPRIOCEPTION SYSTEM)
What are the 7 sensory systems?
The 7 Senses
How many sensory systems do humans have?
What are the 3 levels of sensory integration?
Sensory integration focuses primarily on three basic senses–tactile, vestibular, and proprioceptive.
Are there 5 or 7 senses?
There Are More Than 5 Senses…
Most people are familiar with five senses – sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. However, we also receive input through two additional senses: The vestibular sense, or movement and balance sense, gives us information about where our head and body are in space.