What class of drug is Trazodone?
Does Trazodone show up in a drug screen?
For example, Wellbutrin (bupropion), Prozac (fluoxetine), Desyrel (trazodone), and Serzone (nefazodone) can all potentially show up as amphetamines in a drug screen. Similarly, Zoloft (sertraline) may show up as a benzodiazepine. Less commonly, antidepressants have been known to trigger false positives for LSD.
Does Trazodone feel like Xanax?
In some cases, it might be, although it’s primarily used to treat depression and anxiety. It can help with anxiety associated with depression, however. Is trazodone like Xanax? While both may be used to treat similar conditions, trazodone is an antidepressant, while Xanax is a benzodiazepine.
What are side effects of trazodone?
Common side effects of trazodone include:
- Muscle ache.
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or stomachache.
- Constipation or diarrhea.
- Loss of interest in sex (erectile dysfunction in men)
- Dizziness or loss of balance.
- Dry mouth or dry eyes.
- Numbness, burning, or tingling sensations.