The original hierarchy of needs five-stage model includes:
- Physiological needs – these are biological requirements for human survival, e.g. air, food, drink, shelter, clothing, warmth, sex, sleep.
- Safety needs – protection from elements, security, order, law, stability, freedom from fear.
What are the 7 basic human needs?
The 7 Fundamental Human Needs
- Understanding and growth.
- Connection(love) and leisure.
- Contribution and Creation.
- Esteem and Identity.
- Self-governance(Autonomy) and Freedom.
- Significance and purpose.
What are the 5 levels of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs?
According to Maslow, we have five categories of needs: physiological, safety, love, esteem, and self-actualization. In this theory, higher needs in the hierarchy begin to emerge when people feel they have sufficiently satisfied the previous need.25 Feb 2019
What are the basic needs of a person?
A traditional list of immediate “basic needs” is food (including water), shelter and clothing. Many modern lists emphasize the minimum level of consumption of ‘basic needs’ of not just food, water, clothing and shelter, but also sanitation, education, healthcare, and internet. Different agencies use different lists.
What are people’s needs?
Every person has needs and wants. A need is something essential for our survival. In order to live, people need food, water, shelter, and energy. A want is something we would like to have but could live without.